A crisis is defined as the following: “a time of intense difficulty, trouble or danger.”
When will we realize the crisis that is in front of us? Do we know the trouble and danger we are in as a country since abortion has been made legal and performed on a daily basis?
The effects it is having on people across the globe are not only long-lasting but far reaching both for the unborn and for those choosing to have an abortion.
Did you know:
- There are over 1.3 million abortions performed in the United States alone. Abortion is the leading cause of death in the United States, heart disease, which many people believe to be the leading cause of death, only claims the lives of 600,000 Americans a year. If gun violence kills 30,000 innocent lives a year, in only 10 days abortion claims the same.
- 1 in every 3 pregnancies end in abortion. A third of your generation isn’t here because of abortion. Who would have been the next president, the next great teacher, the next great coach, the next great parent that isn’t here who should of been here.
- Though abortion rates are in the decline, these statistics do not take into account chemical abortions. Chemical abortions are on the rise with the Plan B pill and the RU-486 pill. These chemical abortions are being performed across our country in college dormitories and homes. Planned Parenthood is now implementing Planned Parenthood Express were women can drive through in their car to pick up these medicines that terminate a pregnancy.
- 88% of US abortions occur during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. The baby’s heart starts beating at 4 weeks. At 5 weeks tiny arms and legs appear. At 6 weeks the baby’s brain is divided into 3 parts for emotions and language, hearing and seeing. At 7 weeks 99% of the muscles are present and brain activity is detectable. At 9 weeks if prodded, hands and eyelids close. At 10 weeks, nerve and muscle connections have tripled. At 11 weeks the baby practices breathing and facial expressions. At 12 weeks the baby is now 3 inches in length and weighs 2 ounces able to feel and respond to skin stimulation. Since when did these lives stop becoming “human life?”
The list could go on and on of the startling statistics and facts about abortion. Every abortions ends an innocent unborn life. So what do we do?
We must educate and believe that the God who created these lives is the same God who wants us to protect their lives.
James 1:27 teaches, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
These babies are orphans in the womb. We must respond and we will.
Join us in addressing this crisis by doing the following:
1. PRAY: Our fight isn’t against “flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12).” We must fight this battle on our knees and we can start praying today.
2. GIVE: To overturn any crisis takes resources to do so. All that we do is free for our community because of generous donations by people like you. People who want to play a part in giving any parent the opportunity to witness and choose life.
3. VOLUNTEER: Join our team and use your skills, talents and gifts from God to help us reach more women and save more babies.
This crisis doesn’t have to be a crisis. It’s starts with us and it starts by taking action today.